All Pickups Custom Built To Order
Estimated to ship between -
Rod Magnet Clarity and Humbucker Warmth
The Stud-Bucker is a specially designed humbucker pickup which is a direct drop in replacement for any humbucker equipped guitar. Instead of using the common bar magnet setup found on most humbuckers, the Stud-Bucker uses a Fender style AlNiCo 5 rod magnet setup. This offers a more focused magnetic field, which produces a stronger response from the high end and upper mid frequencies. Nice and chimey and clear, but still with classic humbucker performance and mid range push. You get a great driven tone that retains more clarity than a typical humbucker pickup, coupled with a clean tone that has great single coil style jangle and top end response. Clean and clear when asked, big and warm when pushed, the Stud-Bucker offers great hybrid tones for a variety of styles.
Built by hand in Syracuse NY, the Studbucker features classic Manlius design elements, including hand scatter-winding, american sourced magnets, vintage steel alloy parts, universal depth base-plate legs, maple spacers, and light wax potting for consistent performance.
- Baseplates - pure nickel silver with universal depth legs
- Magnets - AlNiCo V rod, .650"
- Wire - Vintage SPN
- Covers - pure nickel silver, plated or unplated
- Bobbins - high sheen and field polished, various colors
- Spacing - Standard and wide F spacing available on all models
- Nickel plated internal steel shim
- Conductor - vintage braid two conductor or low impedance 4 conductor
- Winding - hand scatter-wound with similar coils
- Aging - available at no additional cost
- DC 7.5k neck ; 8.3k bridge
Share this item: