All Pickups Custom Built To Order
Estimated to ship between -
Early 80's Heritage Spec Reproductions
The early 80's saw some of the first reproduction PAF style pickup come to market, with Greco offering Dry Z model pickups in higher end LP copies out of Japan and Gibson offering Tim Shaw designed reproduction pickups for various Heritage models as the T-Top was slowly transitioned out. The Mixtape is a reinterpretation of these first run reproductions.
Built with a blend of PAF and T-Top materials: PAF style long bar AlNiCo II magnets and PAF type outputs coupled with era abundant T-Top style SPN magnet wire. The final tone profile is a bit of T-Top bite with classic PAF dynamics.
Punchy top end with great overall dynamics and a classic vintage versatility, the Mixtape captures a nascent era of vintage reproductions.
Built by hand in Syracuse NY, the Mixtape features classic Manlius design elements, including hand scatter-winding, american sourced magnets, vintage steel alloy parts, universal depth base-plate legs, maple spacers, and light wax potting for consistent performance.
- Baseplates - pure nickel silver with universal depth legs
- Magnets - AlNiCo II Rough Long Bar
- Wire - Vintage SPN
- Covers - pure nickel silver, plated or unplated, if desired
- Bobbins - high sheen and field polished, various colors
- Spacing - Standard and wide F spacing available on all models
- Conductor - vintage braid two conductor or low impedance 4 conductor
- Winding - scatter-wound with mismatched vintage style coils
- Aging - available at no additional cost
- DC 7.5k neck ; 8.0k bridge
Share this item: