56T - WG - White Guard
All Pickups Custom Built To Order
Estimated to ship between -
Big Tone With Just Enough Twang
The 56T - WG is a recreation of an historical set I was able to work on a couple years ago. These offer a classic White Guard era output coupled with slightly weaker magnets to give you a bit more mid presence to go along with vintage snappy top end response.
The historical set I examined had magnets that were de-gaussed to roughly 50% typical values, which allows more mid presence to come through the EQ and offers a very balanced, dynamic response. To achieve this magnet design I use a special, slight staggered AlNiCo II rod design for a very unique, versatile tone.
Built by hand in Syracuse NY, the 56T-WG features classic Manlius design elements, including hand scatter-winding, american sourced magnets, vintage push back wiring, copper clad steel baseplate on the bridge, and light wax potting for consistent performance.
Available in all Chrome, Satin Nickel, and Gold neck covers. Available with White string wrap standard, Black, red, and Black/White available upon request.
- Baseplates - copper clad steel
- Magnets - AlNiCo II
- Wire - Vintage spec 42 AWG
- Covers - vintage chrome plated brass, satin nickel, vintage gold plated brass
- Bobbins - vulcanize fiber, black dye, lacquered finish
- Spacing - Standard
- Conductor - Push back, RWRP available
- Winding - hand scatter-wound
- Wrap - white, black, black/white, red
- Aging - available at no additional cost
- DC 7.3k neck ; 7.4k bridge
Stratocaster™, Strat™, Telecaster™, Tele™, are all Registered Trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC).
Manlius Pickups is not affiliated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC).