Fat Diane PAF
Full Bodied PAF Versatility
The Fat Diane is based directly off of a set of unique Patent-Applied For humbuckers pulled from a 1960 ES335. Offering a full bodied vintage PAF tone that holds the classic clarity, articulation, and versatility of great vintage PAF's, coupled with atouch more output and a warmer grade magnet. The end result in a richer and warmer full response that retains great vintage touch sensitivity. Clean or dirty, the Fat Diane offers the perfect blend of warmth and clarity in a fatter PAF tonal package. Wound with vintage correct Plain Enamel magnet wire and powered by AlNiCo 4 magnets, the Fat Diane is the go to option for full bodied PAF tones.
Built by hand in Syracuse NY, the Fat Diane features classic Manlius design elements, including hand scatter-winding, american sourced magnets, vintage steel alloy parts, universal depth base-plate legs, maple spacers, and light wax potting for consistent performance.
- Baseplates - pure nickel silver with universal depth legs
- Magnets - AlNiCo IV Rough
- Wire - Vintage purple PE
- Covers - pure nickel silver, plated or unplated
- Bobbins - high sheen and field polished, various colors
- Spacing - Standard and wide F spacing available on all models
- Conductor - vintage braid two conductor or low impedance 4 conductor
- Winding - hand scatter-wound with mismatched coils
- Aging - available at no additional cost
- DC 8.1k neck ; 8.6k bridge