All Pickups Custom Built To Order
Estimated to ship between -
True Classic 70's Rock Tones
The T-Top Replica is a faithful recreation of 70's era humbucker pickups that captures the tone and feel of the "second" wave of classic rock pickups. Made with vintage correct magnet wire, short-bar AlNiCo 5 magnets, and vintage correct outputs, these are for players who want a vintage feel with a crisper, harder attack, courtesy of the AlNiCo 5 magnet. Basically you have a low output humbucking pickup that is powered by a stronger A5 magnet, which produces a nice edge to the tone with great clarity and articulation clean or dirty. When driven the TTop has a very musical response that is both crisp and aggressive. When purchased as a set, the neck and bridge pickups are calibrated for optimal balance.
Built by hand in Syracuse NY, the T-Top features classic Manlius design elements, including hand scatter-winding, american sourced magnets, vintage steel alloy parts, universal depth base-plate legs, maple spacers, and light wax potting for consistent performance.
- Baseplates - pure nickel silver with universal depth legs
- Magnets - AlNiCo V
- Wire - Vintage SPN
- Covers - pure nickel silver, plated or unplated
- Bobbins - high sheen and field polished, various colors
- Spacing - Standard and wide F spacing available on all models
- Conductor - vintage braid two conductor or low impedance 4 conductor
- Winding - scatter-wound with similar coils
- Aging - available at no additional cost
- DC 7.4k neck ; 7.6k bridge
Share this item: