Recreation of the mid 70's counterpoint to the venerable T-Top, the Tarback Replica is the newest offering from Manlius Pickups. Also known as the Super Humbucker, these were found in many Norlin era Gibson guitars and are known for a very distinctive, rich and booming mid response with an aggressive push. Certainly not the brightest of tones, but offering ample top end presence and good versatility through the volume and tone controls on your guitar.
These are vintage interpretations based off of some sets that I personally own, so they are as close to original as I can make. The neck pickup is modeled after some slightly later, slightly hotter versions to ensure the best tonal balance between neck and bridge positions when ordering a set.
Vintage cool with classic output and the raw vibe of ceramic magnets! A great combo.
For best performance, these pickups are wax potted - Not dunked in black epoxy
- Baseplates - pure nickel silver with universal depth legs
- Magnets - Ceramic 8
- Wire - Vintage SPN
- Covers - pure nickel silver, plated or unplated
- Bobbins - high sheen and field polished, various colors
- Spacing - Standard and wide F spacing available on all models
- Conductor - vintage braid two conductor or low impedance 4 conductor
- Winding - hand scatter-wound with mismatched coils
- Aging - available at no additional cost
- DC - 5.9k neck ; 7.8k bridge