All Pickups Custom Built To Order
Estimated to ship between -
True Rock Power!
The Asphalt is very explosive in terms of output, and allows for a great variety of styles. Both neck and bridge pickup are run with AlNiCo V magnets that help give a very full, percussive response with rich upper lows and a warm high end bite. The Bridge pickup has a contemporary tone that can clean up nicely using the volume knob to cop a convincing vintage feel. When opened up, the bridge pickup has true hard rock tones at the forefront. The neck pickup is full and percussive with heavy tones and complex clarity. With drive and distortion, both can cover anything from rock to metal to thrash with enough nuance, dynamics, and articulation to not get lost in a muddy mess.
A big percussive rock n roll humbucker design!
Optional Magnet - The bridge can be ordered with a Ceramic 8 magnet for added output and top end sizzle for an uber-aggressive attack. Contact for more information.
Built by hand in Syracuse NY, the Asphalt features classic Manlius design elements, including hand scatter-winding, american sourced magnets, vintage steel alloy parts, universal depth base-plate legs, maple spacers, and light wax potting for consistent performance.
- Baseplates - pure nickel silver with universal depth legs
- Magnets - AlNiCo V or Ceramic 8
- Wire - SPN
- Covers - pure nickel silver, plated or unplated
- Bobbins - high sheen and field polished, various colors
- Spacing - Standard and wide F spacing available on all models
- Conductor - vintage braid two conductor or low impedance 4 conductor
- Winding - hand scatter-wound with mismatched coils
- Aging - available at no additional cost
- DC 10.5k neck ; 16.2k bridge