The Sixty Seven
New for 2014, The Sixty Seven is a faithful clone of a vintage pair of Tele pickups I recently acquired from a blonde '67 Tele! The Sixty Seven is a low output, A5 powered replacement pickup set with a raw, edgy, and very dynamic tone. In the wrong guitars and setups they can be on the bright side, but matched to a balanced rig the dynamic tone shines through with great versatiltiy and an edgy, vintage tone. The neck pickup features a chrome cover and offers a very layerd, warm tone. The Sixty Seven set captues a unique period of Tele pickup design with period correct magnets, wire, and grey-bottom fibreboard bobbins and delivers a fantastic and unique tone!
Available with a No-baseplate option on the bridge pickup, which further accentuates the edgy and raw top end response.
Built by hand in Syracuse NY, the Sixty Seven features classic Manlius design elements, including hand scatter-winding, American sourced magnets, vintage push back wiring, copper clad steel baseplate on the bridge, and light wax potting for consistent performance.
Available in all Chrome, Satin Nickel, and Gold neck covers. Available with White string wrap standard, Black, red, and Black/White available upon request.
- Baseplates - copper clad steel
- Magnets - AlNiCo V
- Wire - Vintage spec various gauges
- Covers - vintage chrome plated brass, satin nickel, vintage gold plated brass
- Bobbins - vulcanize fiber, black dye, lacquered finish
- Spacing - Standard
- Conductor - Push back, RWRP available
- Winding - hand scatter-wound
- Wrap - white, black, black/white, red
- Aging - available at no additional cost
- DC 7.0k neck ; 6.2k bridge