All Pickups Custom Built To Order
Estimated to ship between -
Greasy, Crunchy Vintage Ceramic Humbucker Tone
Blistering re-imagination of the mid 70's counterpoint to the venerable T-Top, the Tarback Replica is the newest offering from Manlius Pickups. Also known as the Super Humbucker, these were found in many Norlin era Gibson guitars and are known for a very distinctive, rich and booming mid response with an aggressive push. Nice bite to the top end and a tight bass response from the strong ceramic magnet. The Tarback punches above its DCR output weight and gives you a hot tone worthy of a wide range of styles.
These are vintage interpretations based off of some sets that I personally own. These feature vintage outputs, offsets, and magnets coupled with modern playability features including universal depth base-plates, premium alloy pole screws and slugs, and durable ABS bobbins.
Vintage cool with classic output and the raw vibe of ceramic magnets! A great combo.
For best performance, these pickups are wax potted - Not dunked in black epoxy
- Baseplates - pure nickel silver with universal depth legs
- Magnets - Ceramic 8
- Wire - Vintage SPN
- Covers - pure nickel silver, plated or unplated
- Bobbins - high sheen and field polished, various colors
- Spacing - Standard and wide F spacing available on all models
- Conductor - vintage braid two conductor or low impedance 4 conductor
- Winding - hand scatter-wound with mismatched coils
- Aging - available at no additional cost
- DC - 5.6k neck ; 7.8k bridge